Hoboken Dental Implants
If you are located in any of the following areas you can call our Local Patient Coordinator Offices, and please remember this is NOT where your dental implant procedures will be done. These dental implant patient scheduling locations are purely for administration and patient scheduling for your convenience and should not be confused as the place where your dental implant procedures will be completed. Remember, all dental implant procedures are done at our Headquarters facility listed above.
Hoboken Dental Implants: Titanium Strength for Success!
Hoboken Dental Implants: Overview
Hoboken dental implants constitute one of the best solutions modern dental science has to offer patients presenting with single and multiple missing teeth. What are they? Dental implants are self-supporting artificial ‘tooth roots’ made to fit neatly into the socket/s left bare by the missing tooth/teeth. So, unlike traditional teeth replacement techniques, they are not simply cosmetic in nature, but are fabricated to resume the role of the teeth that you have lost, regardless of the cause (accidental trauma, decay, gum disease, failed root canal, chronic illness, certain medications, etc.) So, how do Hoboken dental implants work? Surely, you can’t just pop one into the bare tooth socket and leave with all your oral problems taken care of?
Hoboken Dental Implants: Titanium Success
Hoboken dental implants are fabricated from titanium metal, which highlights an important scientific contribution made by Swedish orthopedic surgeon, Professor Per-Ingvar Brånemark. In 1951, he discovered rather accidentally that titanium metal has the unique property of being able to form a strong biological bond with bone tissue; a process termed ‘osseointegration’. Since this fundamental discovery, titanium metal has gone on to become integral in orthopedic surgery involving the fixing and replacement of human bones in the body! Hoboken dental implants are no different in concept. Once placed in the jaw bone, over the ensuing months, the titanium screw of the implant fuses with the bone tissue creating a resilient bond and enabling the entire structure to function and feel very much like a natural healthy tooth! Of course, there are other important properties to be taken into consideration when it comes to the choice of titanium metal in the fabrication of Hoboken dental implants:
- Titanium is incredibly strong and lightweight: So much so that it is used to make spacecrafts and professional tennis racquets!
- The element titanium is stable and non-toxic: Obviously, you wouldn’t want something that sheds radioactive particles to take up residence in your mouth!
- Titanium metal is non-corrosive, meaning that it won’t degrade or ‘rust’ over time.
Hoboken Dental Implants: Long Term Solution
All of these properties render titanium an exceptional candidate for a teeth replacement solution such as Hoboken dental implants. While the ‘tooth root’ is constructed of this metal, the artificial tooth crown that is visible above the gum line is made from a durable and strong ceramic material. Consequently;
- Hoboken dental implants are virtually indistinguishable from the teeth there are replacing,
- They feel like natural, healthy teeth in the mouth,
- They don’t cause any damage to surrounding teeth or irritation of the surrounding soft tissues,
- Hoboken dental implants function like natural, healthy teeth thanks to the support they derive from the underlying jaw bone,
- Through the counter-support they provide for the jaw, Hoboken dental implants act to promote good jaw bone health, while keeping atrophy at bay.
- Their fabrication from good quality durable materials ensures that Hoboken dental implants provide a long term working solution to single and multiple missing teeth!