Advantages of All-on-4®
Prior to the conception of the All-on-4®
dental implant technique, patients who had lost most or all of their teeth to tooth decay, general wear and periodontal (gum) disease and who were in dire need of new teeth would have to resign themselves to a fate of denture-wearing. Nowadays, we have dental implants and sophisticated surgical protocols to provide us with new teeth that are virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth and yet still, many people continue to struggle with the challenges and repeated costs associated with removable partial and full dentures.
Let’s compare the solutions provided by the All-on-4®
dental implant technique with this older teeth replacement technology.
typically gives patients new teeth:
- On the same day as their surgery.
- That are non-removable and so cannot shift around uncomfortably or fall out.
- That are strong and fixed and can be used to eat most foods with. This helps patients remain healthy and well-nourished.
- That are cleaned similarly to natural teeth and don’t need to be removed after meals or at night time.
- Are supported almost entirely by the jawbone and so don’t typically damage the gums, making them far more comfortable.
- Don’t require repeat expenses, such as messy adhesives, soaking and cleaning solutions, etc.
- That are custom designed to precisely fit the natural contours of the patient’s mouth, so they feel comfortable and natural.
- Typically don’t impede one’s ability to taste properly or sense the temperature and texture of their food.
- Won’t trigger the gag reflex, like dentures tend to.
- Promote great jawbone health through the restoration of functional stimulation (via the implants) of the underlying bone tissue.
- This (previous point)helps to halt the progression of bone loss in the jaw, thus enabling the All-on-4® to function as a long-term solution to tooth loss and edentulism
- Can last several decades if cared for properly with the right measure of home and professional care and attention.
Essentially, the All-on-4®
can work as a one-time treatment for tooth loss and edentulism.
But, there’s more to this sophisticated dental implant technique than just these immediate benefits. In order to truly appreciate the advantages of the All-on-4®
, one needs to understand the problems and challenges that faced the dental implant techniques that came before it …
Traditional Dental Implant Techniques
One of the biggest challenges facing traditional dental implant techniques is a lack of bone volume in the jaw caused by atrophy and advanced bacterial infections of the gums, which destroy the hard tissue supporting the tooth roots. Because dental implants function like natural teeth, they do require adequate bone volume in order to remain stably implanted. The solution to bone loss used to be bone grafting, but this surgery tends to be costly and painful and requires many months for healing before patients can receive implants.
It’s therefore quite ironic that the people who were most in need of new teeth as a consequence of gum disease were frequently told that they were not candidates for dental implants unless they first underwent bone grafting. The inability of dental implants to treat the broad body of patients who required oral rehabilitation prompted the innovation of the All-on-4®
, since one of the only other teeth replacement techniques available came in the form of clumsy, often uncomfortable removable dentures.
is specifically designed to be able to provide most patients with new teeth, even if they have lost a significant volume of bulk from their jawbones. It achieves this through the strategic array and angulation of only four dental implants in regions of the jawbone that are naturally more resistant to atrophy. With the right planning, enough support can be provided for a fixed prosthetic dental bridge, in most cases, without having to perform bone grafting surgery first.
The benefits of this are:
- Patients are typically saved the ordeal of bone grafting surgery, which is more invasive and therefore more uncomfortable.
- Patients are saved the sometimes tens of thousands of dollars it would cost to have bone grafting and the need for multiple procedures.
- By avoiding bone grafting, a patient’s recovery period is typically far shorter and, in fact, they should be able to receive new teeth in as little as a single day!
- The All-on-4® enables patients to receive new and immediately functional Teeth In A Day™!
Additionally, the All-on-4®
only requires four dental implants, as opposed to six, eight or even ten per jaw as was frequently the case with traditional dental implant techniques. And owing to the lesser number of implants needed, the All-on-4®
can be completed in a single appointment and not multiple surgeries spread out over the course of 12 to 18 months.
Each and every patient that walks into the MALO Advanced Oral Rehabilitation presents an entirely unique case that is approached with the utmost care and sensitivity. And every day, our team of expert dental implant professionals provides incredible solutions to patients who may have been previously told that they are not candidates for implants. For all the benefits and advantages mentioned above, the All-on-4®
is regarded by many as the new standard of care for edentulous (toothless) and near-edentulous patients and those who are currently losing all of their teeth to gum disease.
Contact MALO Advanced Oral Rehabilitation
Creating Smiles. Changing Lives.
Contact MALO Advanced Oral Rehabilitation at 877-625-6872 (877MALOUSA) or via the Contact Form on our website to schedule a Free Consultation with one of our qualified and experienced dental implant dentists! Find out how our specialists can work along with your existing dentist to give you back the smile you deserve!
Want to find out more about the All-on-4® dental implant technique? Follow the link to check out our All-on-4® FAQ Guide!